To upload project related documents and files such as design drawings, O&M Plans, Final Reports, etc:
1. Log in. You must be a member of Datashed and logged in to upload files to a project. You must also be an approved member of the project.
2. Find and select the Project or Stream, that you wish to add project related files or documents. You can either choose your project from your "My Projects" list or find the project through the various search criteria.
3. Once you are on the Project Details page of the project, click on the "Documents" link, a dropdown menu will open.
4. Click on the "Add New Document" link.
5. A form will appear. Complete the form
- Give the attachment a name. Ideally the name should be somewhat unique and not a generic name while indicating what it is. For instance instead of naming it "Final Report" use the name of the system and call it "System X Final Report", etc.
- Select the file type that most closely matches what the document is such as Report, O&M Plan Instructions, Schematic, etc.
- Use the Browse feature to select the file you wish to upload or "drag and drop" the file into the box. Then click on the upload button. WARNING - While a variety of file types can be uploaded, certain file types such as Microsoft Word documents will not be accepted as they present security risks to the site. Often the best file type to use is a PDF format. Free PDF writers are available on the internet such as PrimoPDF and some of the newer versions of Microsoft Office products already contain a PDF writer.
6. Once you are finished, click on the Save button at the bottom of the form.
An older video tutorial on "How to Upload Files" from the old version of Datashed is still available and still somewhat relevant, but does not exactly match the current process. A new updated video will be developed in the future.